Monday, September 1, 2014

Introduction

So, today is Labor Day.  And, it is also the announcement of my new blog, “Tales of a Federal Government Contractor”.  The blog is going to consist of the various events that occurred while I was working in the DC area as a Government contractor.  I always thought that I had interesting stories to tell about my job.  And, moving across the Mason Dixon line and into Government contracting provided a serious culture shock.  So, I did some research.  And although, I saw stories that showed life as a Government Contractor, I have not seen any stories like mine.  I think that one reason is that when you are working as a Contractor, companies can get away from following some Government and well legal policies, and when you are a Sub-Contractor, they really have the opportunity back away and avoid some laws.  Accountability becomes something that only occurs if someone wants notoriety or if you are disliked and someone wants to get ride of you.  If you have a legitimate issue with just your company, you risk being labeled a troublemaker in all of the organizations.  And, if you have to sue, you may have to sue multiple companies, which can take a very long time.  Both scenarios have allowed companies to sometimes get away with shady tactics, or allow their employees to create shady work environments. 

The blog may cause some concern, but it will be candid as well as contain some humor.  For full disclosure, I don’t have any lawsuits against any companies, nor do I have any plans for litigation in the future.  I have filed some EEOC complaints in the past, however, either I was unable to prove my case, and the one time that I might have been able to prove it, I became ill, and I lost that window of opportunity.  I am not bitter or interested in finger pointing.  I just have some interesting stories that I want to tell.

I think that some of these stories were unique and unexpected, and although I had seen many stories on the internet, I hadn't seen these, so why not share.  That being said, I will not be using any real names of companies or people, but the stories will be true.  My plan is to make the stories real and entertaining and to give you some insight of what happens in some of those buildings along the Beltway.  

#EEOC
#MasonDixon
#Beltway

No comments:

Post a Comment