Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Relationship History with ALBB

have plenty of other stories to tell, but I wanted to stay on ALBB a little longer.  When I moved to Maryland, I was not hired by ALBB, but Daft Industries.  Yes, that was the company with the recruiter who lied to me about the safety of the hotel that I had picked.  After Allen called Daft Industries (DI) and said that I was hired; we started on all of the paperwork.  The last portion of the paperwork consisted of payroll.  The document stated that I would get paid every 2 weeks.  But what they glossed over was instead of the typical 2 weeks in the hole before the 1st pay check, they made their employees have six weeks in the hole.  Therefore, since I started working in the beginning of November, I wasn't going to see my first paycheck until after Christmas.  So that meant that my Christmas was ruined and I really had to juggle my finances.  I was very unhappy and I was vocal about my situation.  Allen kept telling me that if I was really that upset that I needed to resign.  Well, I decided to take his advice and I found another job and I turned in my resignation.  Once that happened, a surprising chain of events began (at least to me).  Allen contacted DI and Annoying United Systems (AUS) and told them that I had turned in my resignation, however, I was a needed employee, and they needed to resolve whatever issues that I had with my company.  The contractor, AUS was surprised about DI’s policy, because as a small minority business, AUS was required to pay DI every two weeks, so my salary was just sitting in the bank earning interest.  AUS contacted me and told me to tell DI to make an exception and start paying me earlier.  I followed their instructions and DI replied to me that they would not ignore their policy and that AUS had no right to make that request.  I informed AUS of DI’s response, and AUS decided to get Come Get These Nuts (CGTN) involved.  CGTN asked DI to do the same thing and to allow me to find another small company to work for instead of them.  And, they told them that if they did not look the other way and let me find another company, they would never be selected for another project with them again.  DI released me and the slot for that position.  Next CGTN gave me two weeks to either find another company to work for or work as an independent contractor.  I felt uncomfortable working for myself, so I started interviewing other companies and that is how Act Like a Broke Bitch (ALBB) came into the picture. 

ALBB was happy that I selected them.  Before I selected them they did not have a business relationship with AUS.  So, not only did they get another employee but a new profitable business relationship that lasted for years.  The only thing that I got out of setting up that business relationship was a thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment